compensation: Unpaid Internship (Gain Marketable Experience and access to Investment Professionals) employment type: part-time internship
QR Code Link to This Post
Lusk Reserves is an entrepreneur-driven private equity firm, based in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, and seeking part-time Associates to help us achieve our goal of identifying, acquiring and leading one great business. Our capital partner is an experienced family office that provides both committed funds and operational expertise. Associates will work directly with the firm’s founder, who holds a University of Chicago-Booth MBA, an engineering degree from West Point and served with distinction in the US Army. Associates’ responsibilities will be to find and evaluate acquisition opportunities across a wide variety of industries, and we will teach you the same techniques used by larger private equity firms to find, evaluate, and structure investment opportunities. Your breadth of experience is limited only by our willingness to earn more responsibility. While this is an unpaid role, we are confident that the training and experience will prepare you for professional opportunities in investment banking, private equity, and beyond.
Responsibilities and tasks will vary but will focus on proprietary deal sourcing and analysis as well as managing a multi-stage, high-volume deal funnel. You will be responsible for:
• Industry Research – Analyzing industries by reading market research reports, news articles, and industry guides
• Company Database Building – Identifying target opportunities, and finding information on companies that fit our criteria, including CEO/owner contact information
• Marketing – Sending pre-written letters to business owners to determine if they may be interested in selling their businesses
• Company Analysis – For businesses that may be for sale, you’ll research to understand their products, suppliers, competitors, and customers. What makes this company tick? Should Lusk Reserves buy this business?
• Financial Analysis - What can we learn from the company's financial statements? What price should we pay for this business?
• Company and Intermediary Outreach – Exceptional Associates will speak directly with business owners or deal intermediaries to conduct initial opportunity evaluations.
This role will be rewarding but can be frustrating at times. For those who are willing, you will build a skill set that will set you apart from your peers. To that end, here are some traits that are important to me:
• Self-driven and hardworking with a willingness to complete some repetitive tasks
• Detail-oriented with exceptional communication skills
• An inquisitive mind and a drive to keep searching for information until you uncover what you’re looking for
• People who want to be part of something special. You will be helping me to purchase a company that will create jobs and serves a valuable role in its community.
• An entrepreneurial, energetic, and optimistic attitude
Unlike most investment firms, I do not hire interns strictly based on prior work experience or college credentials (i.e., GPA and school). We are more concerned about potential than pedigree.
This role can be a great fit for the following candidate groups:
1. Undergraduates with aspirations to break into the competitive fields of finance, private equity, investment banking, consulting, and sales
2. Graduates with business/finance/accounting or another related degree who want to gain additional relevant experience
If needed during or after the position, we would be happy to provide a letter of recommendation to, or to serve as a reference for great teammates. We would also be happy to help fulfill course credit requirements for undergraduate and graduate students.
We expect a minimum of 12 hours/week with flexible start dates. We also expect Associates to work our office 1-2 days per week. The office is conveniently located in Buckhead, on several public bus lines, and not far from the Marta.
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please do so through the link at the bottom of the website (www.luskreserves.com). Please include your résumé and a short paragraph explaining your interest and qualifications for this role, as well as your learning goals for the position and long-term career goals.
I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you soon!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers