Techies 4 U, Inc. is looking to recruit a Field Engineer (IT Support Technician) to support a variety of clients throughout the Georgia region. The primary supporting locations are flexible as we have clients all around Georgia. We are looking for Field Engineers with hands on experience in the IT field or the knowledge and capability to support on-site IT work with NO TRAINING.
QR Code Link to This Post
We do not have any trainers in this area, so the person hired will need to have the required experience listed below.
Technicians will be able to work from home / dispatch from their home location and will not be required to come into an office on a regular basis, but may be required to come in periodically for admin responsibilities, tool transfers, on-site meetings, etc.
High Level understanding of IT Rooms, Systems, and Computers is a requirement.
A working vehicle is a requirement as travel to each client site (most of the time multiple sites per day) is a requirement. Mileage is reimbursed.
Technicians should know how to perform the following tasks:
1. Terminate Copper cabling (Cat5e, Cat6)
2. Properly run copper cabling
3. Perform IT break/fix - resolve computer problems
4. Knowledge of Switches, Firewalls, Routers, WIFI devices
5. How to properly dress and clean up cabling
Knowledge in the following fields is a plus, but not required:
1. Fiber Cabling Work including termination
2. Experience installing Ladder racks
3. Full IT Telecom room setup
4. Experience installing structure cabling in large warehouse / factory environments
5. OSHA Safety Certifications
6. Boom Lift and Hydraulic Lift Certifications
7. NVR Security Installation experience
8. POTS line / 66 block experience
9. VOIP installations Experience
We are looking for a long term contract commitment and quickly promote our technicians upon completion of certain milestones with our company. Our company believes that our front line, customer facing engineers are the base of our company's success.
1. Hours are flexible, there are many positions available-
2. You can dispatch from your home.
We need someone with a knack for Troubleshooting. New problems come up everyday, so we don't always have an immediate answer to resolve the issues. We need problem solvers who can work the issue down to the root cause and then present a resolution.
All these are things you should have a basic understanding of:-
-Basic Cabling Knowledge (CAT 5, CAT6, Termination, What a 66 block is, what a Patch panel is, what a patch cable is, what a continuity test is.- Basic Switch / Networking Knowledge (Brands and Quirks - Juniper, Cisco, Dell, Etc., How they fit in a rack, what the different ports on the front or back are for).
- Cable Management (enterprise) experience (How to manage rack, ladder rack, and retail setting cabling professionally with ties, neat and clean.)
- OS troubleshooting experience (windows & mac, for this you really, basically, just need to know how to use google..)
- POS experience (Most of this will be on-site learning, but check out some of the different POS systems like Aloha, IBM, PAR, etc. - these are basically just custom cased all in one touchscreen computers - not expected that you will have experience with these, but if you do, that will help move you up the list.)
- Basic IT Hardware knowledge (Switch, Rack, Ethernet, RJ45, RJ11, IP address, DNS, Firewall, Modem, Router, Enterprise Router, Fiber cabling, punchdown tool, network crimper, cable tester, etc,)
- CMD line experience (ipconfig commands are the majority of what we use here, but occasionally some other ones come into play; basically just know how to get to a command prompt and navigate)
- Console Cable experience (basically just know how to plug in a cable to a switch, but google how to telnet or use putty if you want to learn more on this -
- Security Camera / System installation & Management a plus (Know the difference between a network camera - Ethernet Cabling - and BNC camera - Siamese Cabling - and how the two are setup)
- Knowledge of basic router setup and port forwarding / DNS setup a plus (Basic networking - know the difference between a modem and a router and their functions
Please have your own basic network Tools. Anything you do not have will be provided as required, but if you have your own tools, this will help move you up the list.
Pay is competitive and dependent on your previous experience and knowledge gathered during your interview. Raises are provided on a yearly basis and additional raises may come earlier depending on your skill and customer satisfaction levels. Bonuses and sales commissions may be included periodically if you are able to sign up / upgrade clients for varied promotions or contracts.