compensation: Base + commissions + truck + benefits + office equipment
employment type: full-time
POSITION/TITLE: Field Service Engineer/Representative
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Service
LOCATION: Altanta, Georgia, South eastern states area
Privately owned paper and pulp manufacturing company
The Field Service Engineer/ Representative with paper mill or pulp and paper machinery experience. Road Warrior, travel 75% or more. With strong mechanical and electromechanical aptitude and mechanical troubleshooting skills. Wood products industry experience a must. Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required. This position requires extensive travel as well as occasionally working evenings, weekends, and holidays. Clean driving record and a US Passport are required.
• Serves existing accounts by analyzing orders; customer equipment and parts needs, planning weekly schedule; investigating complaints; resolving problems. This is a Field Service position requiring extensive travel and occasional evening, weekend and holiday work. Wood products machine experience a must.
• Establishes parts/service needs by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts to match customer needs
• Maintains rapport with customers by scheduled visits, identifying needs, quoting recommended parts, recommending system improvements.
• Documents service and installation calls by completing forms, reports, logs and records.
• Some overseas work and travel is likely.
• Knowledge of and work experience in the wood products heavy machinery industry.
• Associates Degree or higher, from a technical or military school or equivalent
• At least a few years of experience as a mechanical field services provider with excellent customer service skills
• Strong mechanical and electromechanical aptitude and strong mechanical troubleshoot skill required
• Ability to analyze information, make judgments, build strong relationships, maintain equipment, communicate effectively (both written and verbal) write reports, maintain confidentially, achieve results, and focus on quality
• US Passport and a clean driver’s license
Job is contingent on having no criminal record and credit check, drug text and physical examination
DOE Strong base + commission (full office equipment as well as truck provided)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers