Bookbright Media has immediate need for a part-time, on-site operations assistant to support a wide range of functional and business activities.
QR Code Link to This Post
WHO WE ARE
Bookbright Media is not a publishing company; we’re the company that makes publishing possible.
Bookbright Media supports major publishing firms internationally with industry-leading quality in the production of books and digital reading materials. As a small, 15-year-old company, we’ve still got start-up nerve, but we’re way past the start-up jitters. We’re young enough to be creative and flexible, but old enough to know what we’re doing. We boast a stellar reputation among the giants of the publishing industry. We are quality-driven professionals obsessed with the human pursuit of knowledge.
Bookbright provides end-to-end project management of books and digital reading materials. We provide content development, editorial services, book production, data management, and archive development.
Our customers are some of the biggest publishing houses and learning companies in the world. We’ve worked with Harvard University, MIT, the CIA, the US Department of Justice, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Routledge, Gale, and Netflix, not to mention special projects with Alice Walker, Bill Moyers, Lucy Lippard, and other major players.
We’re seeking employees who are passionate about learning, literature, publishing, or any other relentless, shameless pursuit of knowledge.
Join our team in East Point. We’re a small group making a giant impact.
WHAT THE JOB IS FOR
To assist in the day-to-day running of back-office operations for a fast growing firm that provides project management of books to the publishing industry. Assists with informational, infrastructural, and business systems in order to support high functioning of production, sales, and long-term strategic activities. We are seeking someone who is looking to enter the publishing field or who has a demonstrated interest in business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Update and maintain financial records and general ledger
• Assist with overseeing and troubleshooting IT systems, including printers, copiers, phones, and Internet
• Maintain office upkeep and cleanliness
• Prepare sales and business development mailings
• Prepare and organize marketing mailings, including emails
• Perform activities that support social media efforts as assigned
• Prepare materials for key meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Reception and Office Management
• Answer and route incoming telephone calls
• Greet guests and visitors
• Order office supplies, software upgrades, and other day-to-day business equipment
• Maintain physical office space to allow for efficient and effective work
• Perform daily office upkeep, such as watering plants and recycling old manuscripts
• Run office errands, such as to the bank and post office
• Maintain company library
• Help organize company outings and events
QUALITIES OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
• Must have at least 2 years general office experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft office products, including Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of QuickBooks and/or FileMaker is a plus
• Comfort on PC and Mac platforms
• Pleasant demeanor for interacting with the public
• Must have reliable transportation with valid driver’s license
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds comfortably
Note: This job does include physical demands such as assembling and moving office furniture, climbing ladders, taking out trash, etc. Reasonable accommodations can be made in accordance with ADA standards.
THE DIFFERENCE YOU COULD MAKE
• You are part of the mission of passing on knowledge and clarity to a worldwide audience.
• You support coworkers in their daily drive to raise Bookbright’s high quality standards and safeguard Bookbright’s unified voice in the publishing world.
Reports to Operations Manager
This is a part-time, on-site job.
Pay Rate: $13.50/hr
NO CALLS PLEASE!
Please send cover letter and resume to:
operations @ bookbrightmedia.com