VIN: SCCGA36B0MHF27020 condition: good cylinders: 4 cylinders drive: fwd fuel: gas odometer: 81046 paint color: red title status: clean transmission: manual type: convertible
QR Code Link to This Post
If you are not familiar with the 1991 Lotus Elan (M100), I suggest a search on YouTube. There is also a great owners network at http://www.lotuselancentral.com.
Timing belt, AC, PS and alternator belts replaced late August 2021. According to the maintenance schedule should be good for about another 46,000 miles before that service is needed again.
Completed a 3,800 mile road trip in this car in September 2021, to the Lotus Owners Gathering in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Engine and transmission good. Oil, coolant and transmission oil all changed in 2020. Oil changed again in September 2021.
- Front brakes upgraded to the PNM big brake kit in 2020. Original parts included in case you want to go back to all stock for some reason.
- Nice stereo with blue tooth and USB connections, along with 4 new speakers installed in 2020.
- New set of tires in 2020. Spare is original, but in good shape.
- All gauges work.
- Windows work but sometimes need encouragement.
- Very little rust. This car came from Arizona, where it endured the hot hot sun, but nice dry air, so it has very little rust.
- The trunk on the M100 Elan is remarkably spacious (for a Lotus).
- The M100 Elan is also very easy to get in and out of (for a Lotus).
- Around town the car gets about 28 mpg, on the highway about 32 mpg.
- Plastic gears to raise/lower headlights were replaced in 2020, on both headlights.
- AC does not work. Compressor does not engage. Probably needs to be filled with freon and then tested for leaks. Heat and blower motor work.
- The roof leaks around the front edges and the plastic window is very cloudy. Probably needs a new roof and seals.
- The car has been repainted red over the original red at some point. It was a pretty poor paint job and the hot Arizona sun has taken a toll.
- The sun has also slightly deformed the rear clear tail light covers.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers