We are looking for a responsible driver to distribute restaurant equipment and supplies promptly to our customers. You will represent our company in a professional and cost effective manner aiming at increasing profitability and customer satisfaction.
• Conduct inspections of vehicle before departing to deliver goods.
• Pack and load restaurant equipment and supplies onto trucks according to company's specifications.
• Deliver orders to customers as assigned by supervisor from daily schedule.
• Maintain ongoing communication with customer and supervisor.
• Unload equipment/supplies according to company's specifications.
• Review deliveries with customers to ensure equipment/supplies is in agreement with their order.
• Obtain written delivery confirmations from each customer.
• Drive truck, adhering to all proper safety regulations.
• Act as company representative at customer locations.
• Ensure proper loading, securing of load for transport, and unloading of orders.
• Maintain travel logs.
• Pickups from local suppliers to complete customer orders.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Proven working experience as a delivery driver.
• Valid professional driver's license.
• Ability to operate forklifts and tractors in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
• Good driving record with no traffic violations.
• Current DOT certification.
• Ability to pass company driving test, background check and drug test.
• High school diploma or equivalent; three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some college course work preferred.
• Knowledge of warehouse safety and accident prevention.
• Ability to communicate verbally or in written form effectively with internal and external customers.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrates the value of being a team player through his/her actions.
• Ability to execute under accelerated time frames.
• Ability to quickly adapt to change in priorities.
• Intermediate computer skills.
Performance Behavior Requirements (Competencies): The following list describes the performance behaviors necessary to meet the minimum requirements.
• Entrepreneurship: Performs work with a constant awareness of improving processes necessary for positive growth. Uses extensive knowledge and skill to take calculated risks and does so confidently and successfully.
• Innovation: Develops innovative ideas and incorporates them effectively into work processes. Works with others to incorporate these positive ideas into daily practice. Assists others in implementing their ideas and makes recommendations for further improvements.
• Perseverance: Has the ability to complete tasks ahead of schedule while assisting others on techniques to improve their performance. Always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule. Does not give up on tasks until completed in a quality manner.
• Professionalism: Encourages and reminds others to act in a businesslike and professional manner. Takes extra effort to improve knowledge and skills to be the best in the profession. Adheres to the highest level of professionalism by demonstrating honesty, integrity and maturity.
• Rigor/Self-Discipline: Communicates clearly and effectively to others the steps in a process and the importance of following that process. Clearly understands the rationale for why processes must follow certain steps. Can identify multiple projects and prioritize them in order to meet required deadlines. Can take existing project information and align others effectively within the department to achieve desired results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; with bending, and twisting. The employee must
also use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds with assistance.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers