Small boutique law firm in the Perimeter Mall area is looking for an Insurance Defense Litigation Associate to join a team of exceptional professionals in a collaborative environment with the ability to work as a team and independently.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated self-starter with defense litigation experience who has a powerful motivation to grow professionally and contribute to the success of the firm. The associate will gain experience with and exposure to practice areas including general liability defense, commercial and insurance litigation, professional liability, and labor & employment.
• JD from an accredited law school
• Admitted to practice in the state of Georgia
• 1 - 2 years of defense litigation experience
• Experience handling general liability, commercial and insurance litigation, professional liability, and employment
• Superior communication, writing, and research skills
• Legal project management experience is helpful
• Independently manage a litigation caseload, working cases from beginning to end
• Represent clients in a wide range of civil defense litigation claims
• Work closely with other attorneys and Partners on legal projects
• Communicate with clients and provide status reports
• Use Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matter
• Conduct necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations,
arbitrations and similar proceedings.
• Research the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and
opinions as required. If requested, conduct settlement negotiations.
• Advise, communicate and confer with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear,
unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meet with, and maintain good relations and
communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required.
• Remain current with developments in the law; understand medical, scientific, construction, products,
engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
• Understand and creatively use technology; apply technology to the process of law to improve quality and
Please send your credentials using "Insurance Defense Attorney" in the subject line.
We are committed to cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers