compensation: Flexible based upon experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you want to help people who get hurt because of other people's actions? Do you want to fight insurance companies to help people who get injured in an accident?
We are an entrepreneurial personal injury firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we need an experienced paralegal to join our team and be a total superstar - working directly with the attorneys to support the team and help our clients.
We want to be known for helping our clients come out of an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them. We are growing fast and we need a Paralegal/Case Manager who can hit the ground running.
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be our Superstar:
- You have knowledge of Georgia civil procedure and local rules
- You think in terms of outlines, chronologies, and indexes
- You see an opportunity for organization where other people see a mess
- You understand that sometimes it's OK to leave a message, but sometimes you got to keep trying until you speak to a person
- You smile when you answer the phone
- You are an amazing scheduler with a sickening degree of attention to detail
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- Your middle name is "No Drama"
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You do not think scanning and copying are "beneath you"
The Paralegal/Case Manager is the primary point of contact representing the law firm to the client, representatives of insurance companies and medical service providers. Responsible for processing the case, facilitating property damage and/or bodily injury resolution and work closely with legal team on issues.
- Helps coordinate client's repairs and medical treatment with network of providers.
- Maintain communication with clients, experts, doctors, etc.
- Does initial contact with both client's and opposing party's insurance companies.
- Will coordinate to obtain all medical records and bills for preparation of demand.
- Draft and follow up on demand packages
- Assist attorneys with court forms and case filings
- Assist attorneys with court filings and propounding & responding to discovery
- Assist attorney with organization and preparing for depositions and trials
- Responsible for providing client with regular updates (at least every two weeks) regarding the status of the case.
Spanish Speaking is a major plus.
This is a full-time job where you are expected to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work in the office for 40 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please follow the instructions listed below. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with personal injury clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, "I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions."
Do not send your resume through this website. Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format subject line of the email should your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps. [For example: SMITH paralegal AWESOME]
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers